International Dimension in Schools (IDS)
International Dimension in Schools celebrates a school’s effort to include international work as part of their curriculum and helps embed it within the school’s culture. The programme supports schools in fostering an international ethos throughout the school and embedding it within the curriculum.
Patni Public School has successfully collaborated with various international schools in Asia, Europe and Africa for implementation of Internationalism in school curriculum. The school has successful collaboration with Kojan Elementary School, Incheon, South Korea, Mother’s Dream World School, Lagos, Nigeria and Paraikora Nayantara High School, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
School conducted following activities for the IDS AWARD:
1. Who I want when I grow up? (International Collaborative Activity)
2. Water is a precious resource, use it wisely? (International In-House Activity)
3. Natural calamities around the world (International In-House Activity)
4. Critical look at advertisements. (International In-House Activity)
5. International Peace Day (International Collaborative Activity)
6. World news round–up. (International In-House Activity)
7. International Book Festival (International Collaborative Activity)
School portfolio was reviewed successfully by British Council, North India, New Delhi and the school was awarded the International Dimension in Schools (IDS) Award for the period 2019-2022. The award ceremony was held on December 06, 2019 at The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, New Delhi.
FIT INDIA SCHOOL AWARD
Hon’ble Prime Minister of India launched the Fit India Movement on 29 August 2019 with a view to make Physical Fitness a way of life. Fit India Movement aims at behavioural changes – from sedentary lifestyle to physically active way of day-to-day living.
This involves teaching and practicing the art of taking care of one’s body and health daily. Schools have to be the first formal institution after home where physical fitness is taught and practiced. The Fit India Mission encourages Schools to organize a Fit India School Week.
The school organized Fit India School Week in December 2019.
The following activities were conducted for the FIT INDIA SCHOOL AWARD.
1. Traditional Games (Junior /Senior- Boys & Girls)
2. Kabaddi (Junior /Senior- Boys & Girls)
3. Kho-kho (Junior /Senior- Boys & Girls)
4. Basketball (Junior /Senior- Boys & Girls)
5. Volleyball & Throwball (Junior /Senior- Boys & Girls)
6. Football (Junior /Senior- Boys)
7. Cricket (Junior /Senior- Boys & Girls)
8. Athletic Meet (Junior /Senior- Boys & Girls)
The online self–declaration of the Fit India School Week Activities was successfully reviewed and the school received Fit India School Certificate from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India in December 2019.